• personal information submitted by you to Stevens Group, its related entities and subsidiaries (as a customer or recipient of services provided by Stevens Group) when purchasing equipment, goods, machinery or services from Stevens Group and its related entities, and otherwise in the course of receiving or using any of Stevens Group’s services including the Stevens Group website(s).
• any information automatically retrieved by Stevens Group during your visits to the website; and
• any other personal information received by Stevens Group from you from time to time.
• by filling out the Stevens Group Contact Us and Product Enquiry form, you will be automatically subscribed to the Stevens Group database to receive the latest product and industry news from us. The information collected may include:
– your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
– information about your product or brand preference;
– your demographics and interests;
– details of any prizes you may have won;
– a record of any queries you have made.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wherever possible, Stevens Group collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
• Registration of machines, decks and/or equipment for warranty purposes and in the event of a manufacturers safety recall;
• to contact you directly about Stevens Group, its machines and equipment, reminders for servicing, safety, promotions, competitions, and other marketing activities;
• to reward you for being a Stevens Group customer;
• to inform you of Stevens Group and our affiliates’ models and information we think you might be interested in;
• to approve transactions you wish to make;
• to confirm your identity;
• to provide you with information or services you have requested;
• to follow up or pursue any queries you make.
Stevens Group may collect your information via various channels, including:
• When you sign up to register for our newsletters. By providing this personal information, we are able to keep you updated on special offers and events that you may be interested in and to reward your commitment to the brands.
• When you participate in any activity on our online communities. By providing personal information to us during such activity, we can assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service or enhance your online experience.
• from you at events, through promotions, competitions and consumer queries, including queries made online through Stevens Group websites.
• from applicants who are seeking employment or an internship with us as part of the recruitment process. In circumstances where you do not provide the mandatory personal information, we will be unable to consider you for a position with us.
• As set out above, we may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your communication preferences with us in a number of ways, eg if you are an online customer, you will be provided options to manage your own online profile; you may also contact our Privacy Officer. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you will also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
• You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations, such as our related companies or third parties, for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our Privacy Officer.
• Sometimes, we extract information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. We use the aggregated data for research purposes and product development.
STORAGE, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Stevens Group is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security. You have rights of access to and correction of personal information that Stevens Group holds. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary.
To access, correct or change your personal information, contact Stevens Group Privacy Officer at email@example.com or
Attn: Privacy Officer
293 Landing Drive, Mangere, Auckland 2022
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
• it is one of the purposes for which the information has been obtained (e.g. to undertake a credit check for processing an application for credit);
• it is disclosure to you or a person authorised by you;
• it is necessary to enable a sale of Stevens Group’s business;
• it is necessary to prevent a serious or imminent threat to public health or safety;
• it is authorised by the Privacy Commission;
• it is necessary to avoid prejudice to the maintenance of law; and/or
• the information will not be used in a form which identifies you.
Stevens Group outsources certain business functions to other organizations. For the purpose of providing services to Stevens Group, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
• our associated companies;
• organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies;
• credit reference agencies or other credit providers;
• government or statutory authorities.
Stevens Group will only assign a unique identifier to you if this is necessary to enable it to carry out its functions efficiently.
Stevens Group may use Google Analytics features for Remarketing as a method of targeting our advertising. Remarketing is a way for us to connect with visitors, based upon their past interactions with Stevens Group’s website(s).
Google Analytics uses both first party and third-party cookies to record standard internet traffic information such as when, and how many times, you have visited our websites or apps. We, and some third parties (including Google), also use the information to optimise advertising selection for groups of individuals based on demographic information. The cookies allow us and other third parties (including Google) to evaluate your interactions with advertising services on our websites and apps and serve targeted advertising on those websites and apps and across the Internet.
Alternatively, you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Stevens Group does not sell to, or target children. Our websites are general audience websites and are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group via our websites. If we discover we have inadvertently gathered any personal information from this age group, appropriate steps will be taken to delete it.