The Powerscreen Chieftain 1700 is a mid-sized track mobile screen aimed at end users requiring high volumes of finished products in applications, including topsoil, coal, crushed stone, recycling, iron ore, sand and gravel.
User benefits include a quick set-up time, a drop-down tail conveyor and screen mesh access system to aid screen media changes and a transverse power unit arrangement to simplify servicing.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 2 or 3 decks.
- Radio-controlled tipping grid.
- Integrated high-capacity variable speed belt feeder.
- Grease-filled 2-bearing screen box.
- Heavy-duty single-shaft screenboxes with adjustable stroke, angle, and speed.
- Hydraulic screen tensioning (Bottom Deck).
- Screen walkway and access ladder.
- Hydraulic folding conveyors with excellent stockpiling capacity.
- Patented fully mounted hydraulic folding auxiliary stockpile conveyor (3-deck).
- Engine protection shutdown system.
The Chieftain 1700X Hybrid boasts a highly aggressive screenbox with a patented 2/4 bearing drive system and improved screening angle. Growing on the Powerscreen legacy of high-performance 4-bearing screen boxes, the new screen on the Chieftain 1700X leaves us with a package that will outperform any similar-sized screenbox on the market and many larger machines.
The 3-Deck machine is available with a hydraulically folding extended auxiliary conveyor, complete with a transfer conveyor that allows easy re-circulation with the entire range of Powerscreen crushing machines. Alternatively, the conveyor can run in reverse with a quick valve change, effectively turning the machine into a 2-Deck screen, allowing maximum versatility with a single plant.
The Powerscreen Hybrid option gives customers an alternative energy source, choosing which fuel to use depending on cost, location and availability.