In New Zealand, the Morbark 40/36 Whole Tree Drum Chipper has become a go to machine for both large land clearing firms and industrial fuel chip suppliers. It is a compact but affordable drum chipper that is equipped with the same internal drive which has been perfected on all the larger Morbark horizontal grinders over many years. Along with an extra wide feed opening, the 40/36 aggressively feeds brushy tops and limbs quickly and effortlessly at an exceptionally low production cost per cube. Morbarks Advantage 3 Drum produces more consistent chips, while the heat treate AR-450 steel drum skin provides longer wear life, lower running cost, and less down time. The feed system is more efficient due to a staggered knife configuration and contains fewer moving parts, reducing maintenance. The compact machine sits on a CAT 320L under carriage and is easily transportable without wide load permits. Talk to us today about seeing a 40/36 operating in New Zealand.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Automatically adjusts feed rates and monitors pressures and feed wheel position to maximize production and engine efficiency.
- The Advantage 3™ drum creates more uniform chips, and reduces operating and maintenance costs.
- Directional flow discharge chute is hydraulically adjustable by remote control for maximum chip loads.
- Aggressive live floor and large top feedwheel ensure positive feed of brushy tops and limbs.
- Large work platforms on both sides provide access for easier and safer drum inspections.
- Sloped infeed sides and an additional 24″ (60.96 cm) infeed length gives the operator improved visibility and loading efficiency.