The Morbark 50/48 Whole Tree Drum Chipper is the largest, most productive drum chipper on the market. It comes with a sloped infeed, externally adjustable anvil and large work platforms for easy access for routine maintenance. The reverse pivot yoke produces more down pressure than the conventional style yoke for aggressive feeding of a variety of material. Morbark’s Advantage 3 Drum produces more consistent chips, while the heat-treated, AR-450 steel drum skin provides longer wear life for lower replacement costs and less downtime. The Advantage 3 drum assembly can come as 10-knives for fuel chip or 20-knives for micro-chip applications. Our first 1200 horsepower 50/48X has landed in New Zealand, so talk to us today about seeing this monster in action.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The Advantage 3™ drum creates more uniform chips and reduces operating and maintenance costs
- This ultimate diagnostic system monitors hydraulic pressures, temperatures, clutch systems and engine efficiency to maximize performance.
- A consolidated area for oil and hydraulic filters is easily accessible from the ground or maintenance platform.
- Aggressive live floor and large top feedwheel ensure positive feed of brushy tops and limbs.
- Large work platforms on both sides provide access for easier and safer drum inspections.
- Sloped infeed sides and an additional 24″ (60.96 cm) infeed length gives the operator improved visibility and loading efficiency.